HORAS DE ALUCINAÇÃO

As penosas horas no vomitório são meras alucinações provocadas pelo psicotrópico que é a vida...

segunda-feira, setembro 22, 2008

True! Nervous. Very, very dreadfully nervous I had been and am; but why will you say that I am mad? The disease had sharpened my senses - not destroyed - not dulled them. Above all was the sense of hearing acute. I heard all things in the heaven and in the earth. I heard many things in hell. How, then, am I mad? Hearken! And observe how healthily - how calmly I can tell you the whole story.
It is impossible to say how first the idea entered my brain; but once conceived, it haunted me day and night. Object there was none. Passion there was none. I loved the old man. He had never wronged me. He had never given me insult. For his gold I had no desire. I think it was his eye! Yes, it was! One of his eyes resembled that of a vulture - a pale blue eye, with a film over it. Whenever it fell upon me, by blood ran cold; and so by degrees - very gradually - I made up my mind to take the life of the old man, and thus rid myself of the eye for ever.

Edgar Allan Poe, The Tell-Tale Heart

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

WOW!! Não vais acreditar mas hoje comecei a ler um livro que comprei na bertrand em português a bom preço. Quando começo a ler o trecho que deixaste aqui achei-o familiar, já tinha lido isso em algum lugar... Mas onde?

Resposta: Foi o último conto que li hoje de manhã no autocarro :P

Que raio de coincidências!!

Ruben

quarta-feira, 24 setembro, 2008  
Blogger Ana Franco said...

Como te disse no outro dia "great minds thing alike". :P

Temos que ir beber um café para ver se isto passa.

quarta-feira, 24 setembro, 2008  

Enviar um comentário

<< Home

  • Lapsus Calami
  • High on Tangerine
  • Chez Lune
  • Comma Verbos
  • Mundo Fantasma
  • Flight
  • Marauder's Sketck Book
  • Seculo Prodigioso
  • Antestreia
  • Cineblog
  • Hollywood
  • DVD
  • Ciencias no Quotidiano
  • Ponto Triplo
  • Viridarium
  • John Howe
  • Alan Lee
  • Daniel Govar
  • Olhares
  • TrekEarth
  • Hubble Site
  • Earth View
  • Earth Observatory
  • Darwin Online
  • Jane Austen
  • Project Gutenberg
  • National Geographic
  • Eden
  • Goober Productions
  • Transience
  • Bow Man
  • Retro Junk
  • Superman
  • Musicovery
  • Opeth
  • Rolling Stone
  • Q4 Music
  • Fundacion Miro
  • Warhol
  • Louvre
  • Nobel Prize
  • Uniao Europeia
  • Nacoes Unidas
    Puzzle Pirates